Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets)
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) is an antiplatelet drugs and used for the treatment of coronary artery disease. It is used to stop the formation of blood clots. There are some common side effects of Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) such as pain, fever, nausea and vomiting.
If you feel something like this, consult your doctor immediately. And one thing you should keep in your mind that always take this medication under the medical supervision.
It is a novel platelet inhibitor for acute coronary syndrome, which is employed for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) could be a non-surgical procedure for the treatment of arterial blood vessel wellness. It is used to treat coronary arteries contraction of heart patient.
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Indications
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Dosage
Dosage for Over 60 kg
Dosage for Under 60 kg
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Contraindications
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Contact with your doctors or health professionals if you have got any of the following
- Active pathological bleeding (Peptic ulcer or ICH)
- Previous Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Mini heart stroke
- Unless the patient is deemed at high risk of recurrent ischemic events
- Diabetes mellitus
- Prior myocardial infarction
- Recent fibrinolysis therapy
- Chronic use of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Cyclooxygenase 2 (COX 2)
- Inhibitors other than daily aspirin
- Warfarin therapy
- Anti platelet therapy
- Severe hepatic impairment
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Precautions
You should take certain precautions before taking these medicines.
- Effient tablets (Prasugrel tablets) should be stopped when the body has active bleeding.
- The patient of elective surgery should not take this medicine without the doctor’s permission.
- Patients of TIA or stroke should take special precautions before taking these medicines.
- Stopping the anti-platelet medication or stopping prematurely is associated with increased risk of stent thrombosis, MI, and death.
- People with a weight of less than 60 kg should avoid taking effient tablets (prasugrel tablets).
- Age of the patients more than 75 years.
- Anticipated coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery within 7 days.
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Side Efects
Common Side Effects
- Headache disorders
- Hypotension (Low blood pressure)
- Back pain
Rare Side Effects
- Hyperlipidemia (High levels of fat in the blood)
- Anemia (Lack of blood)
- Atrial fibrillation (Irregular heartbeat)
- Bradycardia (Slow heart rate)
- Chest pain
- Dyspnea (Shortness of breath)
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Peripheral edema
- Abnormal hepatic function tests
- Angioedema (Swealing under the skin)
- Epistaxis (Bleeding from nose)
- Hypersensitivity drug reactions
- Intracranial bleeding (bleeding inside the skull)
- Leukopenia (Low level of white blood cells)
- Retinal hemorrhage
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (Rare blood disorders)
- Bleeding under the skin due to trauma
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Drug Interactions
Effient tablets (Prasugrel tablets) can interact with these drugs listed below
- Fiber therapy
- Fish oil (Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Isosorbide mononitrate
Effient Tablets (Prasugrel Tablets) Warnings
These drugs are antiplatelet drugs and used to prevent the blood cloting. Do not use effient tablets (prasugrel tablets) in patients likely to undergo CABG.
Effient tablets (Prasugrel tablets) should be discontinued in patients at least 7 days prior to CABG when possible. Advanced age greater than 75 years of age patients should not take this medication without the permission of a doctor or health professionals.
Effient, Apagrel, Aplet, Prasugen, Prasugrin, Prasuvas, Prax